Olive Foxe
forumbacklinks2@gmail.com
Does anyone know if these pallet boxes come with drainage holes or are they fully sealed? (163 views)
1 Jul 2026 13:58
Weirdly specific question but I'm hoping someone here has these in hand and can just look at the bottom and tell me. I'm setting up a small hydroponic herb operation in my backyard in Mirdif and the plan is to use pallet boxes as reservoirs for the nutrient solution, sounds unconventional I know but the dimensions work perfectly for the space I have and they're way cheaper than custom built tanks. The thing I can't figure out from product photos alone is whether the base is completely solid or if there are drainage channels molded into it, because obviously I need watertight for this application and the last thing I want is to receive them and discover they've got holes designed for washing out. Found a few options on https://www.crateco.ae/category-products-list/pallet-boxes and the heavy duty ones look promising but the product descriptions don't go into that level of detail about the base design. I guess I could just call them and ask but I figured someone on here probably has a couple stacked in their warehouse or garage and can give me a real answer. Also any idea if the plastic they use is food safe, like if I'm circulating nutrient water through it for weeks at a time is anything gonna leach into the solution that might mess with the plants? Maybe I'm overthinking this but hydroponics is finicky enough without adding questionable materials into the mix.
39.63.43.141
Olive Foxe
Guest
forumbacklinks2@gmail.com
Divya Rawat
divyarawatseo@gmail.com
1 Jul 2026 14:12 #1
We hear stories from clients who've had bad experiences elsewhere—rude companions, last-minute cancellations, hidden charges. That's not how we operate. Our Escort Service in Connaught Place is built on transparency and respect. We tell you exactly what to expect, we show you real profiles, and we stand by our word. Simple and straightforward.
103.87.49.34
Divya Rawat
Guest
divyarawatseo@gmail.com
Havelock Trevanion
180ctof@gmail.com
20 Aug 2026 18:27 #2
Most industrial pallet boxes I've handled have solid vented ribbing on the sides for stacking strength but the base itself is usually flat and solid, no drainage holes molded in. Still worth confirming with them directly though since designs vary between manufacturers.
39.63.38.32
Havelock Trevanion
Guest
180ctof@gmail.com
800 Sayara Dubai
sayaradubai83@gmail.com
20 Aug 2026 18:29 #3
Food safe plastic and industrial pallet box plastic are not the same thing most of the time, a lot of these are made from recycled HDPE that isn't rated for anything consumable. I'd ask for the actual material spec sheet before trusting it with nutrient solution for weeks.
39.63.38.32
800 Sayara Dubai
Guest
sayaradubai83@gmail.com
Ivy Trevithick
sayaraabudhabi68@gmail.com
20 Aug 2026 18:29 #4
Used a similar setup for a small aquaponics test run a while back and the UV stabilizers added to outdoor rated plastics were my bigger worry honestly, not the drainage. Some of that stuff can leach under prolonged sun exposure in this heat.
39.63.38.32
Ivy Trevithick
Guest
sayaraabudhabi68@gmail.com
Jarvis Trewartha
sayaradubai1@gmail.com
20 Aug 2026 18:30 #5
Why not just do a bucket test first before committing to a whole batch, fill one with plain water for a week and see if anything smells off or discolors. Cheap way to sanity check food safety before your plants are on the line.
39.63.38.32
Jarvis Trewartha
Guest
sayaradubai1@gmail.com
Kitty Trewhella
sayarasharjah867@gmail.com
20 Aug 2026 18:31 #6
Genuinely curious how you're planning to seal any seams if the box wasn't designed to be watertight in the first place, injection molded joints can be sneaky about tiny leaks that don't show up until it's under sustained pressure.
39.63.38.32
Kitty Trewhella
Guest
sayarasharjah867@gmail.com